I have however been struggling for hours to get Hyper-V to run. I consistently got an error message, asking me to enable Hardware assisted virtualization and Hardware assisted data-execution protection in the BIOS.
- I did not find any related setting in my BIOS, so I decided to reflash my in the hope this would help. I did not see any new options pop up. The ThinkStation P910 User Guide was of no help either.
- I made sure the Hyper-V role was installed.
- I made sure that every option pertaining to Hyper-V was enabled by running
systeminfofrom the command prompt.
Here is how to turn the hypervisor back on:
bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto
Now I have:
- Hyper-V running.
- VMware running on top of Hyper-V.
- WSL 2 running on top of Hyper-V.
- Docker running on top of Hyper-V.